PDA

View Full Version : Превод

©@|)@|\/|@®73®1
11-14-2004, 11:58
Ще помоля си4ки форумци за една услуга. Преведете ако не целия(защото е мн голям), то поне 4аст от текста по-долу. Ако искате всеки да преведе по малко. Всякаква помощ ще ми е от полза. Благодаря!

Marshall Meets His Match
Marshall is a longtime movie cowboy-stuntman, and Ramona is a dancer-aerobics instructor. They met at a circus, where they had each taken their kids, and ended up sitting in the same row. Marshall had been married twice, briefly, once when he was nineteen, then again when he was twenty-eight. The child he brought to the circus was his with a woman he'd lived with for a few years during his forties. Marshall was fifty-one and Ramona was thirty-five when they met. Within days they were tumbling in each other's arms—nothing new for Marshall. Nor for Ramona either; she'd been married once before and she “hadn't exactly been a nun” since her divorce, as she put it.
Ramona knew Marshall's type—rugged, tough, hungry, not the kind to settle down with one woman. From day one she never kidded herself about him. She never said, "Where were you last night when I called?" or, "When am I going to see you next?" or even, "Please understand how I feel about your coming and going." She didn't get upset when he left to do a western in Italy for a couple of months, or when he went deep-sea fishing off Florida or any of his other jaunts. Sometimes she
even went with him, if her mother would take her little girl. Her attitude toward Marshall, and any other man, was: "I don't need a man to give me a life, or to ruin my life either. If he's going to do his thing, who am I to stop him? I'll stick around as long as there's something in it for me. If I don't like it, or if I want something he can't give, I'm not going to get myself hurt—I'll leave and take care of myself."
Ramona's attitude was learned "in the school of hard knocks. I graduated with honors," she says. Expecting more of men than they were willing to give always turned into heartbreak. One day when she was in her early thirties she suddenly "woke up to reality," as she puts it. "I looked around and saw that I was always having fantasies about how life with a man was supposed to turn out. Well, it wasn't turning out," says the Dramatic-Devoted-Conscientious-Style Ramona. "So I decided: no more expectations!" She adds, "But if I want a guy, I'll fight for him. With my eyes wide open."
Marshall was intrigued with the redheaded Ramona. He'd never before met a woman quite like her. She was gorgeous, passionate, and she didn't feel compelled to talk about their relationship or to make him tell her his feelings, to make plans, or to expect him to feel guilty. She was willing to try new things—she even went skydiving with him, though she was scared out of her wits and never did it again. But if he went off on his own, she didn't complain about it. And she didn't ask whom
he'd slept with when he wasn't with her.
Marshall moved in with Ramona after a few months. There were problems, of course. The biggest ones were about money. Marshall didn't work regularly; he could have, but he didn't want to. He didn't save money either, and Ramona sometimes resented contributing more to the household upkeep than he did. But when he worked he was well paid and would buy things for her and her daughter and for the house. It was the irregularity of the income, his lack of concern about it, and
the way that it went through his fingers that bothered her. But then Ramona thought it through. She decided he wasn't leeching off her. She was a big girl and could support herself—and Marshall too, if she chose to.
The other big issue was the way he treated her daughter and his son; the boy stayed with them one weekend a month and for much of the summer. She thought that Marshall was insensitive to the kids' feelings about things. If they wanted to go to a movie, for instance, he'd take them to see something he wanted to see. And she thought he took unnecessary risks with them. Once, when he was supposed to be looking after them, he went out and left them alone in the house for three hours, although they were only six and eight years old. Ramona lost her temper over that. Marshall looked blank. What was the big deal? Nothing had happened. "What if there'd been a fire?" she screamed. "But there wasn't," he said. So Ramona finally figured out that she would have to be responsible for the kids at all times.
Neither Marshall nor Ramona believed the relationship would last. They thought it would be a temporary, physical thing that would burn itself out. But it's lasted eight years now and there's still plenty of fire between them. Ramona believes it could go at any moment. "I'm a realist," she declares frequently, meaning that she harbors no fantasies about Marshall. She is willing to live in a long, extended present with him, not to think ahead, not to worry about what will become of them.
Financially Ramona is set. She inherited some money from her father, and she put half of it in trust for her daughter, the other in long-term investments for her old age. She owns and operates a fitness center now. Marshall still does some movie work, but more and more he's been working with her in her business, teaching karate and offering his services as a personal trainer. She doesn't push him. Sometimes he likes to take off for a month at a time. She always feels a little surprised when
he comes back, and relieved down deep in her heart, although she doesn't like to admit it. She refuses to allow herself to think about Marshall's staying or Marshall's leaving.
Marshall has never told Ramona that increasingly he looks forward to coming home to her. He thinks about her a lot when he's away. Sexually he's slowing down; he's not so interested in other women. Ramona, however, isn't cooling—and it amazes Marshall that she still turns him on. She turns on other men, too—he's seen the way they eye her at the fitness center. Marshall's nearly sixty years old now. He's never counted the years before, but looking at sixty shocks him. How'd that happen? He doesn't look a day over forty. Hardly a gray hair on his head, and no fat on his body.
In truth, Marshall's feeling kind of creaky. And the younger guys are getting all the work in the movie business. "Ramona's only in her mid-forties. What's she doing with an old guy like me?" he found himself thinking recently. Marshall turned off the TV and shaved off his two-day growth of beard. He went out and bought a dozen roses and a bottle of brandy. He put on some country music and waited for Ramona.

Good/Bad Matches
Adventurers like Marshall need a partner who will ask little of them but give a lot. While Ramona may appear tough and self-interested like Marshall, in fact she made a lot of room in her life for him. She bent to his needs and asked little of the same from him. At the same time, she was sufficiently mature to make sure that she didn't sacrifice her own best interests in the process.
The personality types that have the best chance for a relationship with an Adventurer over the long run would be a combination of the other-directed Dramatic, the Self-Sacrificing, and the Conscientious. The Dramatic offers the necessary extroverted liveliness and sexuality, the Self-Sacrificing provides the flexibility, and the Conscientious provides the sense of responsibility that at least one partner in the relationship must have. But when any of these styles becomes needy of attention or dependent on the Adventurer to fulfill major life responsibilities, it's the end.
It's safer to think of matches for this fundamentally nonmonogamous style for the short term. Then the Dramatic, the selfsame Adventurous, and the Mercurial—all out for an intense experience of life—will hit it off best. The Leisurely is another possibility, since these individuals too are pleasure seekers; they tend to be more passive in their entertainments, however, and they like to live by the rules rather than bend them.

Adventurous Parents
They're not the best in any long-term relationship, including those with children. They're not reliably there, since their wanderlust draws them away from home so often. They may care a lot for their children and may feel some sadness that they can't come through for them more. But they have to go their own way.
When they are there with the kids, Adventurers tend to assume that what's good for them is good for the kids, or that what they want for their kids is in the kids' best interests. They may expose their children to unnecessary risks and may not teach them caution. Nor do they think of the consequences to the family of the risks they take on their own behalf. They are not naturally tuned in to other people's feelings.
Yet, for all the not-goods, Adventurous-style parents are exciting, interesting, and noncritical, and can open up a big world for their children. They may prove irresponsible, impatient, and hot-tempered, but they are full of energy, curiosity, and good spirit. They're romantic, swashbuckling figures. What is essential for their kids is one full-time, on-the-scene, non-Adventurous parent who will be sensitive, supportive, reliable, and protective.
TIPS ON DEALING WITH THE ADVENTUROUS PERSON IN YOUR LIFE
1. Have fun. But make sure you know exactly what's going on. The Adventurous person in your life can make an exciting companion, but don't confuse what you may want out of a relationship with what he or she is actually offering you. Adventurous types are charming and disarming. This person may flatter, persuade, cajole, or even manipulate you into an affair or an adventure, but just because you share this intimacy doesn't mean the Adventurer loves you or feels any responsibility toward you. If you are the traditional love-and-marriage type, look at the Adventurous behavior closely. Ask questions. Understand that this person may be seeing or sleeping with others besides you. Realize that, romantic, sexy, and exciting as he or she may be, this person will not satisfy your more traditional needs.
2. No illusions. Once you are in a relationship with an Adventurous person, don't think, "Aha! Now I can change him or her." Accept what this person gives you, and recognize that he or she is not likely to start adapting to your needs. You be the flexible one. If that's not your style, and if the Adventurer does not provide what you need, it's up to you to get out.
3. Don't crowd. The Adventurous person in your life needs freedom to do as he or she pleases. Be satisfied with a nontraditional relationship that includes, perhaps, separate vacations. Don't try to prevent the Adventurer from taking off. This person is more likely to come back to you if you let him or her go in the first place.
4. Be responsible. The Adventurous person in your life may not make decisions about money, children's safety, safe sex, or other things the way you would. Don't wait for him or her to do the right thing. You take appropriate measures for birth control and disease prevention, for financial security, and for the protection of your kids. Don't be a passive partner.
5. Know your limits. Adventurous types have a great tolerance and capacity for drugs and alcohol, for fear, and for risk. The Adventurous person in your life will probably assume that you like what he or she likes, unless you make your preferences clear. If you are terrified of white-water rafting, don't go. Stop after one or two drinks if that's enough for you.
6. Expect a lot of yourself, not of the Adventurous person in your life. To maintain a relationship with an Adventurous person requires that you have strong self-esteem and don't need him or her to support you emotionally and help you love yourself. Adventurous people are not spontaneously sensitive to other people's feelings or needs. So you have to be able to find sources of self-esteem from within your- self and to be able to say without anger or resentment, "This is who I am, what I feel, and what I need."
7. Stay as sexy as you are. Keep your sexual relationship interesting and lively. Toss your inhibitions and be ready and willing to experiment.
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR ADVENTUROUS STYLE
Your strong points include your spontaneity, your ability to act, your strength, your fearlessness, your ability to experience pleasure, and your tendency to live life to the fullest. The trouble you run into results from impulsiveness and lack of forethought. In this way you resemble people with Dramatic and Mercurial personality styles. Practice Exercises 3 (Stop and count to ten) and 4 (Plan) from chapter 7 (p. 147); from chapter 14 (p. 311) try Exercise 7 (Time it).
Exercise 1
Think from your head, not from your appetites. Urges, desires, and whims are compelling and have their own satisfying, feeling logic. Acting in direct response to impulse bypasses the cerebral cortex, the thinking part of your brain. While you are counting to ten, concentrate on the thinking part of your brain and try to experience the difference between that and the feeling, sensation-satisfying part of your brain.
Exercise 2
Your style is remarkably free of anxiety, thus the consequences of your actions or lifestyle may not occur to you. So, worry a little. Each time you are about to take a risk—to invest money or to gamble, to go in an airplane or on a motorcycle, to drink or take drugs, to climb a mountain, anything at all—use your cerebral cortex to consider what could possibly go wrong. Think of two or more unfortunate possibilities. For example, if you are about to climb up on a bucking bronco at a rodeo, you might think: (1)1 could get killed, (2) I could get maimed.
Exercise 3
Safeguard yourself. For each of the possibilities on your risk list, figure out at least one way to protect yourself in advance. For example, if you could get killed competing in the rodeo, you could protect yourself by staying sober and competing with your wits about you. To safeguard yourself against at least some of the consequences of life as a disabled person, you could take out health and disability insurance, or you could make sure you had a job that offered these benefits. If you are unable to figure out a safeguard for any of the risks on your list, consider not indulging in those activities.
The next two exercises are the same as the first two, but with a twist.
Exercise 4
Worry about other people. Observe your interactions with others and note all the possible ways in which your behavior or decisions put them at risk. For example, your baby is napping and you want to go across the street for a while. What could go wrong if you leave him alone for fifteen minutes? (1) The house could catch fire and the baby wouldn't be able to get out of his crib; (2) the baby could vomit and choke and you wouldn't be there to save him.
Exercise 5
Safeguard other people from the risks of your behavior. Wait to go across the street until your spouse comes back, or get someone in to look after the sleeping baby just in case something happens. Or don't go at all.
If you find it difficult to understand how you may put others at risk, you may need to see things from their point of view. Try Exercise 4 for the Self-Confident style (p. 97): "Who is this person?" Concentrate on what the people who are important to you like, dislike, think, and feel. Try to see things through their eyes instead of your own. Look especially for ways in which they differ from you.
Exercise 6
Think about this: What do you want out of your life five, ten, twenty years from now?

Josefinne
11-14-2004, 12:04
http://www.translator.hit.bg/
Пробвай с това :D Успех, ако не стане пиши пак и ще го превеждаме по бабешката- с речниците 8)

Murderdoll
11-14-2004, 12:34
маршал среща половинката си
маршал е дубльор на каубои в пълнометражни филми :shock:
а Рамона е инструктор по аеробика.срешнали са се в цирк където и двамата завели децата си и са седяли на един и същи ред.маршал е бил женен 2 пъти,за кратко време,веднъж докато бил на 19 и още веднъж докато бил на 28.детето което завел на цирк било от жена с която той живял в продължение на няколко години докато бил на 40.маршал бил на 51 а рамона на 35 когато се срещнали.след няколко дни вече станали много близки-нищо ново за маршал,нито за рамона-тя била женена веднъж и не била съвсем монахиня( :? ) и след развода,както сама казва
ся дотука,после пак.

amy lee
11-14-2004, 12:45
utre 6ti go pratq na maila

Murderdoll
11-14-2004, 12:57
a ok da znam da ne se zanimawam:)

amy lee
11-14-2004, 13:02
oba4e ako go prevedem dvete pone ediniq prevod 6te e veren

©@|)@|\/|@®73®1
11-15-2004, 14:24
amy lee, Murderdoll - Благодаря и на двете! Мн тенкс :) Ако ви се превежда,ще ме олесните,ако не - 10х за желанието! :)

Murderdoll земи се появи в това кю ;)
amy lee 4акам лс ;)

lubimata93
11-28-2009, 22:04
XAXA 3B@S!!! 0L!GYfR3n!!t333

Yancheto
11-28-2009, 22:23
И ти ли почна със старите теми?

sh3_1s_7h3_0n3
11-29-2009, 10:51
Темата е стара.