PDA

View Full Version : Може ли малко помощ с 2 упр. по английски 9 клас СПЕШНО

ayaa_
12-10-2012, 15:02
1)complete these linkers:
then/finally/while/when/by the time/eventually/as soon as/afterwards/to begin with/after that/as/at first

After joins two clouses and means when you have done something or something has finished.After is not usually used alone as an adverb.Instead we use other expressions like____or____ .
____,____ and____ can introduce a background action or situation.____ and____mean in the end .____ and___ refer to the beggining of situation, to make a contrast with something different that happens later.
____ and _____ can be used to talk about 2 ations or events one after other. ____ is used before a noun and means 'not later than' .
As soon as/While/When/Finally I saw him,I realised I had made a terrible mistake.
While/Afterwards/By the time/When I got to the party,all the food had been eaten.

2) Match sentences 1-9 with A-I to make holiday story.
1 When Miranda and her brother got to the airpoirt.
2 Finally, their plane took off.
3 After looking for somewhere to stay for several hours,
4 To begin with they were quite happy with their hotel,
5 That afternoon they went out to get something to eat,
6 The next morning,by the time they had had a shower and some breakfast,
7 They decided to go to the beach,but as soon as they got there,
8 They left the beach and went into the town,but while they were looking around a local museum
9 After that, Miranda and her brother.

A but everywhere was closed as it was a public holiday / B decided it was time to finish their holiday and go home/ C Miranda's bag was stolen / D they realised it was nearly midday / E it started to pour with rain / F but later they realised that there were lots of things wrong with it/ G they eventually found a room in a small but cheap hotel / H and a few hours later they arrived at their holiday destination / I they were told their plane would be delayed for at least three hours.

dandelion24
12-10-2012, 15:11
1)complete these linkers:
After joins two clouses and means when you have done something or something has finished.After is not usually used alone as an adverb.Instead we use other expressions like afterwards or after that.
While, when and as can introduce a background action or situation. Eventually and finally mean in the end . To begin with and at first refer to the beggining of situation, to make a contrast with something different that happens later.
Then and by the time can be used to talk about 2 ations or events one after other. As soon as is used before a noun and means 'not later than' .
As soon as/When I saw him,I realised I had made a terrible mistake.
By the time/When I got to the party,all the food had been eaten.

2) Match sentences 1-9 with A-I to make holiday story.
1 When Miranda and her brother got to the airpoirt. I
2 Finally, their plane took off. H
3 After looking for somewhere to stay for several hours, G
4 To begin with they were quite happy with their hotel, F
5 That afternoon they went out to get something to eat, A
6 The next morning,by the time they had had a shower and some breakfast, D
7 They decided to go to the beach,but as soon as they got there, E
8 They left the beach and went into the town,but while they were looking around a local museum C
9 After that, Miranda and her brother. B