Ох, като спомена кафка препоръчвам:

Kafka on the shore

Книгата се развива в Япония, и се разказва за едно 15 годишно момче и един 60 годишен умствено изостанал дядо, който може да говори с котки. Момчето бяга от вкъщи, заселва се в библиотека. Случват се редица неща (някои от които свръхестествени), които просто няма как да не ви накарат да се тресете от кеф и гняв, че не може да ги разберете Самата книга автора описва като една голяма гатанка, всяка страница си е гатанка. Разбрах много малко от нея. И точно това е била и целта на Haruki Murakami. Просто. Думи нямам. Купих си я докато летях за България тази зима, прочетох я за няколко часа (600+ страници). Мога честно да заявя, че това е най-добрата и хубава книга, която някога съм чела. Препоръчвам я горещо на всеки, който обича мистерии и въпроси.

In an interview posted on his English language website, Murakami states that the secret to understanding the novel lies in reading it multiple times: "Kafka on the Shore contains several riddles, but there aren't any solutions provided. Instead, several of these riddles combine, and through their interaction the possibility of a solution takes shape. And the form this solution takes will be different for each reader. To put it another way, the riddles function as part of the solution. It's hard to explain, but that's the kind of novel I set out to write".

Книгата засяга въпроси като секс, травестити и такива други табута. :Д Планирам, когато ми я върнат, да я прочета отново.

Няколко цитата от книгата:

"That's why I like to listen to Schubert while I'm driving. As I said, it's because all the performances are imperfect. A dense, artistic imperfection stimulates your consciousness, keeps you alert. If I listen to some utterly perfect performance of an utterly perfect piece while I'm driving, I might want to close my eyes and die right then and there. But listening to the D major, I can feel the limits of what humans are capable of - that a certain type of perfection can only be realized through a limitless accumulation of the imperfect. And personally, I find that encouraging. "

"A dark omnipresent pool of water. It was probably always there, hidden away somewhere. But when the time comes it silently rushes out, chilling every cell in your body. You drown in that cruel flood, gasping for breath. You cling to a vent near the ceiling, struggling, but the air you manage to breathe is dry and burns your throat. Water and thirst, cold and heat - these supposedly opposite elements combine to assault you. The world is a huge space, but the space that will take you in - and it doesn't have to be very big - it's nowhere to be found. You seek a voice, but what do you get? Silence. You look for silence, but guess what? All you hear over and over and over is the voice of this omen. And sometimes this prophetic voice pushes a secret switch hidden deep inside your brain. Your heart is like a great river after a long spell of rain, spilling over its banks. All signposts that once stood on the ground are gone, inundated and carried away by that rush of water. And still the rain beats down on the surface of the river. Every time you see a flood like that on the news you tell yourself: That's it. That's my heart. "